Pages

Monday, 3 December 2012

What I learned from erotica

It's Naughty Question Time again! Today Mischief wants to know:

photo by kind permission RestrainedElegance.com
"What have you learned about yourself or the world around you from writing erotica?"

I suppose writing down your fantasies for others to read inevitably helps you zero in on just what turns you on. I find myself returning to certain scenarios and writing variations on favourite themes. For instance, petplay is very erotic for me but I'd never read any petplay stories before I began writing my own. My first was "Best in Show" from the Submission anthology. The next was "Sugar Lumps" from the forthcoming Come Play With Me anthology. I know there are whole pet and ponyplay societies out there but for me the fantasy is very personal and private. It involves complete trust and casting off of inhibitions and yet it has such a playful element to it. Once I started really exploring aspects of it in writing I saw what a perfect venue it is for really deep submission.

Another peculiar fascination of mine is koonago ("tiny woman"). I suspect this one buried itself in my sexual subconscious at a very early age but it wasn't until I wrote a few of my fantasies down that I realised just how deeply ingrained it was. I kinked up the homunculus scene from Bride of Frankenstein and turned the tiny ballerina in a jar into a tiny nymphomaniac in my petite novel Lust Ever After. It's another heady fantasy for me of ultimate vulnerability and one I wasn't really in touch with until I started writing about it. Now I can't help wondering what other fantasies are lurking beneath the surface, just waiting to be unleashed when I write about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment