Pages

Friday, 3 August 2012

Why I love writing about BDSM

Naughty question time!
"What is your favourite aspect of BDSM to write about and why?"

Oh, where do I start? I could have written a book in response to this one but here's what I said:

photo by kind permission RestrainedElegance.com
Bondage and general dominance/submission dynamics. I love to describe the heady and secure feeling of surrender. I'm not really into pain. For me it's more about the psychological angle. I love the theatre of BDSM and roleplay. Petplay is a favourite. The idea of trusting someone enough to be that open and vulnerable is just irresistible.

I'll go a step further and add that it's also the thrill of danger that isn't really danger. It's the psychoerotic equivalent of jumping off a cliff and knowing you'll be caught. But not until you've flown.

You can read the other responses on the Mischief blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment